If you like to try different dishes of Asian cuisine and are looking for an absolutely delicious recipe featuring tofu then this sweet-sour tofu is for you. This is a surprisingly easy recipe to make and it is a perfect choice for adding to your Vegan menu. The tofu is crispy and meaty and the sweet and sour sauce is absolutely divine with a perfect combination of sweet and sour.
With a total prep time of 60 minutes this deliciousness is one to add to your weekly rotation and requires less time than it would take for a delivery to arrive. Not only does it require less time but it is also healthier! It is so easy to make, is loaded with delectable flavour and will not sit heavy in your stomach. Give this sweet and sour tofu a try, you will not be disappointed!
Be sure to check out some Flavourful Merch!
You can find the video here:
Sweet & Sour Tofu
- 1 Large Pan
For the Tofu
- 400 g Extra firm or firm tofu cubed
- 2 Tsp soy sauce
- 1 Tsp oil or use sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tsp rice flour
- 1/2 Tsp garlic powder
For the Sauce
- 50 Ml Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- ½ Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ Tbsp Sugar
- ½ Red Onion
- ½ Green Bell Pepper
- ½ Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Carrot Finely Chopped
- In a bowl, combine the pressed and diced tofu with the soy sauce, rice flour, and garlic powder. After mixing well and letting it sit for a moment, add the corn starch and toss to coat.
- This tofu may be pan-fried by transferring it to a skillet over medium-high heat, adding 2 teaspoons of oil, and then adding the tofu. Cook the tofu until most of the sides are crisp and brown, and then put it aside.
- Cook the tomato sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, and sugar together until they completely melt and make a smooth consistency over low heat. The veggies are then added.
- Toss the tofu, either baked or fried, thoroughly to coat.
- Serve over rice, or cooked grains.
If you enjoyed these feel free to check out other Sweet & Sour Chicken!
Affiliate Disclosure: As Amazon Associates, we earn from qualifying purchases you make using some of our links. There are affiliate links in this article, we may earn a small commission for every time you buy from this link. We only promote products we have used and that we trust. If you have any questions about these links or the products we recommend, please e-mail us at [email protected]