A true after dinner classic.
When you cut in to this cake it is as soft as foam.
Chocolate and orange are very complementary to each other and form an amazing recipe.
The frosting has an amazing flavour of lemon which tasted amazing!
I know you guys will love this cake!
Before we start, Check This Out:
◦ 1/2 a Cup of Orange Juice
◦ 1 Cup of Chocolate Chips
◦ 1 Cup of Butter
◦ 2 Cups of Sugar
◦ 2 Eggs
◦ 1 Tsp Lemon Zest
◦ 1 Cup of Orange Juice
◦ 1 Tsp of Baking Powder
◦ 2 1/2 Cups of Flour
◦ 1/2 Tsp Salt
◦ 1/4 Cup of Candied Orange Rind
◦ 1/2 Cup of Butter
◦ 1/2 Cup of Sugar
◦ 1 Tsp of Lemon Rind
◦ 1/2 Cup Of Orange Juice
- On a Low heat melt the first quantity of Orange juice and chocolate chips until they are completely melted.
- In a large bowl cream the butter, sugar and egg’s one at a time
- Add in the Lemon Zest and the Candied orange Rind
- On the side in a small bowl, Add in the Other quantity of orange juice and baking powder and see the magic happen!
- Add the flour and Salt to the batter.
- Finally combine in the orange chocolate mixture from the beginning and the baking soda and orange juice mixture.
- Bake for 30 Mins, at 180C
- For the icing combine all of the ingredients to form the right consistency.