This is truly the Perfect Chocolate Mousse to end a simple family dinner or even a elaborate meal. It is to die for! We are going to tell you why.
Firstly, it is super easy to make this perfect chocolate mousse. It may require more than one bowl, but there is no complexity involved, it shouldn’t take you longer than an hour to prepare.
We recommend using Baker’s, Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate Squares for this recipe, as this is what we tested with. You can use our link to purchase it on Amazon to view the relevant price below. If you have any other suggestions on ingredients please let us know in the comments.
- We really recommend that you refrigerate the dish for at least the full twelve hours before consuming, this ensures optimal consistency. Whilst it may be a hassle to place the mousse in the freezer one hour before serving, it helps create the optimal consistency for your guest without freezing the mousse completely.
- When serving, feel free to top it off with some freshly piped whipped cream or even some delicate chocolate shavings.
- If there is anything else we can do to assist you, please use our live chat below or e-mail us directly at [email protected] so we can help you. We always look forward to helping you!
If you are looking for some alternative dessert options, be sure to check out all of our Dessert Recipes.
Perfect Chocolate Mousse
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 150 Ml Sugar
- 200 Grams Chocolate chunks
- 3 Egg Whites
- 400 Ml Whipping Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Shavings
- Firstly, in a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until light and velvety.
- Next, heat 200 ml of the whipping cream and slowly add the chocolate and stir constantly until fully melted and well combined.
- Then, once the mixture has cooled, fold it into the egg yolk and sugar mixture until well combined.
- Followed by that, in another bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold it into the chocolate mixture until well combined.
- In another large bowl, beat 200 ml of whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold all of the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into serving bowls, and cover with cling wrap.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 12 hours and freeze one hour before serving. Top with chocolate shavings, fruit or whipped cream if desired.
Affiliate Disclosure: As Amazon Associates we earn from qualifying purchases that you make when you use some of our links. There are affiliate links in this article, we may earn a small commission for every time you buy from this link. We only promote products we have used and that we trust. If you have any questions about these links or the products we recommend, please e-mail us at [email protected]